Before You Withdraw
Before withdrawal from your program, you are encouraged to explore the below options that may support your personal, academic, and career success.
The following options are available for our students at Beta College:
- Speak to the Student Success Officer.
- Contact the Directors at Beta College, who may guide you to the best of their abilities.
- To seek an appointment, please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
By the Ministry of Colleges and Universities procedures, students must submit a formal written notification of withdrawal within ten business days of the beginning of a term to receive a refund of fees for the current time. The process to academically withdraw and submit this formal written notification is as follows:
- Make an appointment with the Student Support Officer (Currently available at the Brampton Campus)
- Complete the Academic Withdrawal Form
- Submit the Form in Person to the Student Success Officer at the Brampton Campus
Please note that not attending classes or notifying only your professor or any other office staff of your intent to withdraw are NOT acceptable methods for formally withdrawing from a class or program.
Please bring the following documents with you:
- Copy of your Beta College letter of acceptance
- Copy of your Study Permit
- Copy of your valid passport (photo page and address page, if any)
- Bank wire receipt showing payment from your home country
- Valid Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from a DLI-recognized institution where the student has now enrolled
- Valid Letter of Enrollment/ Attendance Record from a DLI-recognized institution where the student has now enrolled
- Valid Fee Paid Receipt from a DLI-recognized institution where the student is now enrolled.
Also, please keep in mind: The Final amount of the Fee Refund will be directly transferred to the college upon verification where the student has now enrolled.
(Evidence that the student has deposited the Actual Fees with the college, in the form of Bank deposit, transfer, Advice, or TT copy, must be produced to claim withdrawals and refunds.)
1) If you return to your home country, we require a copy of your boarding pass once you arrive home.
Please note: We require original (for validation) and photocopies of all of these documents to process your withdrawal. If you do not bring these items with you will be required to come at the appointed, agreed day to complete your withdrawal.
Please ensure that you understand our refund process, terms & conditions, and exclusions and read our as well as our Refund Policy.
- Beta College encourages all international students to carefully choose their program of studies before selecting and making payments to Beta college.
- For vocational programs, the Refund Policy of the Private Career College Act 2005 applies (https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/05p28)
- Beta College advises all students to make payments directly to the institution’s Bank account or per the payment options mentioned on the website. Do not make payment through an agent or any agency.
- Beta College will only return funds to the original payer and payer’s account by industry best practices and by abiding by the guidelines. The funds will not be transferred to another account or institution. Students who withdraw after the specified deadlines will not be eligible for a refund.
- Valid reason and relevant proofs required to process the refund. Delay in submitting this important information will delay the refund process. The authenticity of documents submitted may be verified.
- Beta College may require up to 30 days to complete the return of funds once all necessary documentation to support the refund request has been received.
- Beta College bears no responsibility for funds that do not reach their destination due to the student’s inaccurate or obsolete financial information. Applicants/students are responsible for all banking and foreign exchange charges associated with their payment/refund.
- Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada and Canada Border Services Agency will be notified of the student’s withdrawal or transfer from Beta College.
- Beta College will transfer the refund payment to the same, original source from where the funds had been transferred or directly to the recognized college/institution of further learning.
(Micro Credentials to certificate, awards and others)
REFUND POLICY FOR NON-VOCATIONAL PROGRAMS
- Tuition fees are due before or on the program start date. To be considered for a refund of tuition fees, a student must submit to the college a written notice of withdrawal that gives sufficient reason for withdrawing from the program. The registration fee, acceptance, and material fee are non-refundable.
- The College will return 100% of the tuition fees paid if the college cancels the course under the circumstances beyond the college’s control.
- If a student withdraws for serious health reasons, up to 50% of the incomplete portion of the course may be refunded at the discretion of the college administrator(s). The student must provide a valid doctor’s written notice within a reasonable time from the date of last attendance.
- If a student withdraws for relocation reasons, up to 50% of the incomplete portion of the course may be refunded at the discretion of the college administrator. The student must provide documentary evidence that the new residence is not in the commuting zone of the college within a reasonable time from the date of last attendance.
- If a student wishes to withdraw from a course, they should fill out the “Intent to Withdraw Form” and file it with the Brampton office.
- There would be no refund for a course or program a student has taken a complete session or after the course or program has started.
- There would be no refund for any other reason for abandoning the courses.
- All refund claims must be made within one month from the course start date by filling out the “Intent to Withdrawal” form (available in the Brampton office).
- There will be no refund for special offers.
- There would be no refund for online programs after students receive their orientation and commencement dates.
- All the mentioned points, terms, and conditions related to withdrawal returns apply.
- A full refund will be given up to 30 business days prior to the training session/workshop start date.
- A 50% refund will be given for cancellations made 29 – 15 business days prior to the training session/workshop start date.
- The Beta College of Business and Technology incurs significant administrative costs related to your registration before a training session/workshop. As a result, a CAD $750 administrative fee will be applied to all processed refunds.
- No refund will be granted for cancellations made within 14 business days of the training session/workshop start date.
- No refunds will be given for No Shows (except medical, with valid proof) absence from the training.
- No refunds will be given to participants receiving an Incomplete/Fail or do not complete the program, course.
- A full refund will be provided in the event a training session/workshop has been cancelled by the BETA COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND TECHNOLOGY. The administrative fee will be waived only in this case.
- Refund for training sessions/workshops paid via group pricing: if any group of participants withdraw within the timelines indicated above, a refund will be granted as described. However, if the cancellation results in the group being reduced to less than 10 participants, the group pricing will be invalidated, and the refund will be adjusted based on the full training fees for the remaining participants. Please contact the Beta College of Business and Technology for further details.
- For Visa Rejection of any short course application, course fee will be refunded minus/less the administration charge of CAD 750/-
- Refunds are issued by the Beta College of Business and Technology and may take up to 6 weeks after the refund application has been completed and processed. Refunds are issued either by cheque or directly to the original method of payment, when possible.
Failure to Complete Course Requirements
- To promote self-directed learning and accountability, all participants must complete all course requirements as outlined in the course syllabus to receive a certificate of completion. No refund will be granted if the participant fails to complete all course requirements.
- If the participant does not attempt any of the course activities or withdraws from the course more than 15 business days after registering for a course, no refund will be made.
- The Beta College of Business and Technology does not allow extensions of deadlines for course requirement completion; it is the responsibility of participants, when registering for a course, to be fully aware of their ability to meet course expectations and deadlines.
- If you are unable to complete the course due to extenuating circumstances, please contact the Student Support officer at Beta College of Business and Technology to discuss the possibility of extending the subscription and access to your course.
Changes to Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- We reserve the right to change this refund policy terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website.
- Effective September 30, 2021